The COPLA Scaffold
A regenerative solution for cartilage repair
The COPLA Scaffold™ is a 3D biodegradable structure for weight bearing joints of animals.
The COPLA Scaffold™ can be used in dogs and horses, in different cartilage locations, and for full thickness chondral or osteochondral lesions.
- Fills the lesion immediately with load adaptive matrix
- The patient can immediately bear weight on the operated limb
- Provides ideal environment for hyaline cartilage regeneration
- Highly porous and biodegradable structure
- One step procedure
- Easy to cut and shape into the desired form
- Easy to fix with fibrin glue or sutures
With passion to make a difference
We have observed a superior functionality of the COPLA Scaffolds in comparison with other clinically used materials in our in vitro tests, showing lower mechanical losses, higher biomechanical compliance and a better fluid permeability, especially in osteoarthritic synovial fluids.
The Askel team is a group of dedicated scientist with a strong business vision. I have had the pleasure to work with them the past seven years, and I know this is a team that can work together through great challenges.