The COPLA Scaffold
A regenerative solution for cartilage repair
The COPLA ScaffoldTM is a 3D biodegradable composite of polylactide and non-animal derived collagen for cartilage repair in weight bearing joints.
The COPLA ScaffoldTM can be used in different cartilage locations, in different species, and for full thickness chondral or osteochondral lesions. The COPLA ScaffoldTM is only available for animal healthcare.
- Fills the lesion immediately with load adaptive matrix
- The patient can immediately bear weight on the operated limb
- Provides ideal environment for hyaline cartilage regeneration
- Highly porous and biodegradable structure
- One step procedure
- Easy to cut and shape into the desired form
- Easy to fix with fibrin glue or sutures
With passion to make a difference
We have observed a superior functionality of the COPLA Scaffolds in comparison with other clinically used materials in our in vitro tests, showing lower mechanical losses, higher biomechanical compliance and a better fluid permeability, especially in osteoarthritic synovial fluids.
The Askel team is a group of dedicated scientist with a strong business vision. I have had the pleasure to work with them the past seven years, and I know this is a team that can work together through great challenges.